30 July 2009

Uh-Oh Big Papi

I am not surprised that Manny or Big Papi tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003--I can't believe anybody is really surprised. Ortiz was mediocre at best as a Twin and then all of a sudden he erupts as the most dominant hitter in the league. Come on. We have seen his performance decline sharply since more stringent testing began, leading many to believe--myself included--that he was using.

Really what this new article from the New York Times accentuates for me is just truly how good A-Rod (and I must grudgingly admit, Manny) really are. Before and after the years they were using PEDs, their numbers appear remarkably similar to the years when the WERE using. They still hit the crap out of the ball. They still put fear in every pitcher they face. Which begs the question: Why use PEDs in the first place?

Oh, and I have one more question: What are fans in St. Louis going to do when Pujols' name leaks next?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what is all this jibber jabber, btw? was this a misfired feed from twitter?